Squirrel's Garden

Blogging the highs and lows of my attempts at allotment gardening

Name:
Location: Sherwood Forest, United Kingdom

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

The Work Progresses




By great good furtune Joe, one of my allotment neighbours, was ploughing his own plot today and was gently persuaded to rough plough mine for me.

I felt as if I had won the lottery. I really feel as if the task is much more manageable now.

The sun sets over my newly plough plot and we drive home with a sense of achievment.

The next day I begin to put down the base for the shed which will arrive in the middle of the week. Some of the bricks are being utilised to strengthen the pallets. This way I greatly reduced the pile of rubble. The base is 10ft by 9ft, the shed is 10ft by 5 ft. The 4ft overhang is to go to the back of the shed where we will build a little hide in the hopes of getting some close up photos of whatever creatures come to visit the hedgerow and nature reserve once it is established. The metal sheets will be removed and disposed of.

This little guy turned up and watched with interest. Perhaps he wants to put his name down on the housing list for when the nesting boxes go up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home