Squirrel's Garden

Blogging the highs and lows of my attempts at allotment gardening

Name:
Location: Sherwood Forest, United Kingdom

Saturday, July 07, 2007

Clouds and Silver Linings

Yesterday, in one of those rare moments this month when the sun shone through the raindrops, I noticed an accidental piece of artwork in my garden.

I was sitting bemoaning the fact that the weather was keeping me out of both my garden and my allotment. Half finished jobs lay abandoned to the inclement weather and it felt they were leering at me for not giving them the attention they demanded. Staring through french doors leading out to the back garden I watched the raindrops bouncing on the patio. Many of my plants looked bedraggled and hung their foliage and flowers as if sulking whilst the weeds seemed to spread their open arms and lift their heads in joy. I glared accusingly at them all.

Suddenly the rain stopped and the sun shone brightly.

Then I saw it. It had been there all along but now it came into its own in the rays of the sun.

Grabbing my camera I tried to capture on film what I saw with my heart. I hope you like this too.
The wagon wheel was just leaned against a low wall whilst I decided where I wanted to put it once I have been able to extend the patio area. If this rain ever stops long enough to let me do it. Still they say every cloud has a silver lining and today this was the one I found.
I think it looks lovely with the lillies and ferns.

1 Comments:

Blogger Melanie Rimmer said...

Hi, I found your blog whilst browing for other allotment gardening/self-sufficiency blogs. I enjoyed reading your recent entries. I'm having a rubbish season too because of the lousy weather, but I'm still crossing my fingers for a stunning August and a glorious September. I have added you to my links at www.bean-sprouts.blogspot.com

If you'd like to link back to me that would be great, but of course it is entirely up to you.

Regards,

9:36 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home