Squirrel's Garden

Blogging the highs and lows of my attempts at allotment gardening

Name:
Location: Sherwood Forest, United Kingdom

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Marking Time

This year has been a very difficult one for me at the allotment. Just as the new season of activity was about to start it was discovered that I needed urgent major surgery. This took place mid March and I was told it would be around 5 months, if all went well, before I could begin to do any real work on the plot.
All did go well, and I have managed to get some crops in the ground even though the first flush of annual weeds managed to set seed before I got to them. The perennials also managed to dig their roots in wide and deep. As a result I seem to have spent most of my time chasing new weed growth.
Good job we get to start afresh each year so I am marking time, and making plans, ready for next years session.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sheila
I found you!
I do not know how to start a blog.'
What type of operation did you have? It sounds as though you are doing fine. I hope so.
What is it like where you live. I know it is more humid and is it high to live there?
Don't let the weeds get you down. I was down with a back problem. Life gets to all of us
Sheila

12:23 am  
Blogger sheila said...

Hi sheila I tried to send you an email but not sure it arrived.

8:20 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home