Squirrel's Garden

Blogging the highs and lows of my attempts at allotment gardening

Name:
Location: Sherwood Forest, United Kingdom

Thursday, April 06, 2006

It's begining to come together.



I bought this vintage tool recently and now have the task of trying to find a long handle to fit it.

The splayed fitting eye suggest to me that it needs a shaft rather than just a long handle

This week has been a busy week as the weather has begun to improve. The main problem has been getting out of the wind and dodging both rain and snow showers.

At least the showers revealed that the shed was leaking around the windows so I was finally able (I hope) to seal this with a good layer of silicone sealant.

The bean canes are now in place, the broad beans and early peas have been put to bed and all the fruit trees are in their final resting place.

This little plot of England that I have chosen to make productive seemed at first an overwhelming task. I now find myself scratching my head as to how I will find the space for all I would like to grow. No chance of taking on another plot as they are all occupied and there is a small waiting list developing.

This is looking across the top of one of my blueberry bushes

Looking up the plot across the 'orchard'

1 Comments:

Blogger patsy said...

I enjoyed reading your blog. arkansas USA

7:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home